Saturday, May 16, 2009

Relating to Music

The other night I was driving home from my friend’s house and I was listening to Kate Nash. The song “Nicest Thing” came on and for some reason I started crying. The song is about wanting someone when they don’t want you. Wanting to have a relationship but they’re not giving you he time of day. I guess when listening to this song I think about my situations and reflect back on previous times and wish for a relationship that can’t be. I guess last night I was really relating to the song which made me cry. I’ve had other instances like this. For example, “Can’t Let Go” by Landon Pigg really got me. I listened to the first two lines and started crying. Hahha. It’s like the perfect song for me and now has become one of my favorites. This all goes to show how we can relate to music. Music is created to help us through certain times and help us express our feelings. There is a type of music for every mood and if you don’t believe me go to allmusic.com. At this website you can search for music depending on your mood; it’s pretty fun. I encourage you to listen to the two songs I talked about here, they’re amazing and I’m sure you’ll be able to relate. Never stop discovering new music; it will keep you alive.

No comments:

Post a Comment