Monday, April 27, 2009

Things That Are Old

I have come to realize that many things come and go. You have to learn how to let go, therefore leaving it behind. It's definitely a hard thing to do, and sometimes I fail big time.

One thing I can't seem to let go of is my black cardigan. I love wearing black cardigans, for some odd reason, don't ask. ahha My first black cardigan has been with me for about 4 years. It now has holes in it and is somewhat smaller than it used to be. I recently bought a new one to replace it, but I never threw the old one away. I mainly wear the new one but occasionaly I still wear the old one. It's almost like it's a comfort blanket, as stupid as that sounds. To be honest, I have many memories in that cardigan and maybe that's why I can't let it go. Maybe that's why I can't let a lot of things go. Memories.

I hold them close to my heart and to me they mean a lot. I can always go back to memories, no matter where I am in my life. They remind me of something that once was, and kinda of lets me relive my past. I like having that ability, even if it may be painful or hurtful. Reliving memories can also be uplifting, happy, and innocent.

So in the end the question still remains, why it's so hard to let go of something so old? And the only reason I can come up with is memories.

No comments:

Post a Comment